Garden Salad with Fresh Tomato Basil Dressing
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- ½ cup of cherry tomatoes( or normal tomatoes but remove the watery part of it )
- 1-2 Teaspoon red wine vinegar(balsamic vinegar)
- ¼ cup fresh basil
- ⅓ Cup Extra virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 250 gms pasta
- 1 small zucchini, sliced into ribbons with a peeler
- 1½ Cup halved cherry tomatoes(or substitute)
- 1 Cup mozzarella (shredded)
- ¼ Cup walnuts or almonds, toasted
- ½ Cup fresh basil leaves
- freshly ground pepper
- For dressing boil some water in a pan and add garlic to it let it get cook for 2 minutes. Remove the garlic and put it in a small food processor jar with the cherry tomatoes, vinegar and basil. Puree it. Add in the olive oil and blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- To make the salad boil some water with salt in it to cook the pasta. In the last 2 minutes of the pasta boiling, add in the zucchini ribbons. After, drain zucchini and pasta rinse it under cold water shake of the excess, then transfer to a bowl and toss with the dressing.
- Add tomatoes, mozzarella, nuts and basil to salad. Toss, season with salt and pepper. Serve at room temperature.
GREEK PASTA SALAD
- 250 gms Pasta
- 1 cucumber, medium size chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped(remove the watery part)
- ⅓ cup pitted olive, chopped
- ½ teaspoon dried dill(Suva)
- salt & pepper to taste
- juice of ½ a lemon
- ¾ cup plain hung curd
- chopped green onions
- feta crumbles
- Cook pasta, drain it and let cool.
- Combine cooled pasta in a large bowl with remaining ingredients and toss together until well mixed.
- Garnish the pasta with dill, green onions and/or feta cheese crumbles.
- Serve room temperature.
ZUCCHINI PASTA WITH AVOCADO CREAM SAUCE
- 4 small (or 2 large) zucchini, chopped in fine threads with a peeler
- 1 avocado
- ½ a cucumber, chopped
- juice of ½ a lemon
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons of almond paste or coconut milk
- 8 leaves of basil
- salt & pepper
- halved cherry tomatoes (or regular tomatoes without watery part) & basil leaves for garnish
- Place zucchini spirals in a large bowl.
- In a food processor, combine the remaining ingredients and process until smooth.
- Toss the zucchini with the avocado sauce until fully coated.
- Garnish with cherry tomatoes and basil leaves, season with more salt & pepper to taste.
Layered Chicken Taco Salad
- 3 cup Romaine lettuce, chopped
- 3 cup fresh spinach
- 2 cup cooked chicken diced
- 2 whole kernel corn
- red and green peppers
- 3 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 1/2 cup tortilla strips (or chips)
- 2 Tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 3/4 cup French dressing
- In a large glass bowl, layer half of the lettuce and spinach. Top with tomatoes, corn, chicken and remaining lettuce and spinach. Top with cheese.
- In a small bowl, mix together with salsa with French dressing. Pour over top of cheese. Garnish with cilantro, green onions and tortilla strips.
- 250 gms pasta
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1 and ½ cups crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup pitted olives, sliced
- 10 leaves fresh Italian sweet basil, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon sweet basil vinaigrette
- Cook the pasta, drain it and run under cool water. Transfer to a large mixing bowl and add the olive oil. Toss well to coat the pasta in oil.
- Add all remaining ingredients, except for Sweet Basil Vinaigrette. Toss gently to combine.
- Add half of the Sweet Basil Vinaigrette and toss to evenly coat the pasta in dressing. Refrigerate the pasta and the remaining vinaigrette for at least an hour and up to a day. Just before serving, add the remaining half of the vinaigrette and toss gently. Serve.
Green Bean Pasta Salad
- 250 grams fresh green beans, trimmed and cut in half
- 1 pack penne pasta
- 2 cups seedless red grapes, cut in half
- 1/3 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. salt
- Cook beans in boiling salted water 5 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Plunge the beans into ice water to stop the cooking process so they stay crisp.
- Prepare the pasta, Drain and rinse in cold water.
- Mix together the pasta, beans, grapes, onion and pasta in a large bowl.
- Whisk together the mayonnaise, sugar, vinegar and salt. Pour over the salad and toss well.
- Season with more salt if needed. Cover and chill 3 hours.