The doors as told or mentioned are not present in the flat. Also the bathroom and the kitchen are without doors. The walls are thin and are not as mentioned. The glass partitions are absent or have glass walls all over the flat in order to make the room look bigger. Customized furniture, fixtures, spaces and gypsum walls are the places wherein a builder can cheat his customer.
So here is the checklist for you to check about the property before you buy it
1) Check for rate of property.
2) Check if the home you purchasing has well maintained society registered properly.
3) Check both Original documents and also previous sale docs (if any) before giving the token money for the deal.
4) Check if that property can get Loan from banks, if not ask why?
5) Check the assessment letter of Municipal Corporation to see how old is the society and for the stamp duty payments.
6) Check if the space area is for carpet, built up or super built up.
7) Check if it is CIDCO approved, or alternately if property is old then proper CC, Plan Copy and saat bara utara (7-12 utara) documents should be there with the seller.
8) Check if all bills like electric bill, yearly municipal charges for property, society charges etc. are cleared till date.
9) Ask your advocate to calculate required Stamp Duty and Registration Fees with advocate fees and be ready.
10) Property clearance note and no Objection certificate (NOC) from society is must before you register any property.
11) Do not try saving Stamp Duty charges as during litigation in most cases you cannot fight legally with it.
12) Check with society secretary for following issues related to pending legal society, share certificate, maintenance and NOC.
13) Check the important documents like Society NOC, Name on electricity bill and Property tax receipt, Name on the maintenance receipt, previous purchase/sell of that property agreement, Full plan copy (floor plan) of that building and the wing in which you are planning to purchase,
14) Check if the legal government stamps are seen clearly on same.
15) On the 100 rupees stamp paper and get the signature, left thumb print with photo attached on the seller before giving the token amount and make the terms very clear on registration date and what if for some reasons the deals gets cancelled.
16) Check if the property was already mortgaged before and if the things are already cleared and settled with the final note of settlement. One best way is to check for all the sequence of original documents of the flat you purchasing.
17) Some extra expenses would be incurred for expenses like post registration, society charges to be paid extra to builder and some renovations etc.
18) If everything is ok and you have checked every aspect, do all money transactions in written on 100 or 500 rupees government stamp papers. Add a photo of seller, with signature and left thumb print across photo with all terms conditions with DATE written.