A couple of weeks ago I had the opportunity to meet few upcoming jewelry designer renowned for superior quality, exquisite craftsmanship and stylish design and from her, I got some staple rules about the ideal jewelry wardrobe…I cannot stop myself from sharing it with my beautiful readers.
I was introduced to few small aspects of jewelry about ancient and modern times. Jewelry is to be worn to pull together a look of an outfit and to give it a finishing touch. Stylish women everywhere feel naked when they are not wearing appropriate earrings, a neck piece or a ring. The jewelry alone can spice up the simplest dress and can also make u look like a clown if not given a thought before wearing. You can always mix the pieces that can work together or pieces that can really standout in terms of color, style or volume. Your jewelry should reflect your personal style. Here are the five items of jewelry every woman should have:
- The most important piece is a pair of earrings. In general I would consider a stud or we can say a solitaire. The diamond stud is perhaps the most classic and elegant, and the most versatile of all, but it can be a stud earring with some color. The great thing about studs is that it is a go-to earring for every day. You can use this as a backdrop for everything else that you are going to wear. A stud will make sure that your look is finished and polished.
- Hoop earrings would be the second item to invest in. This is in style these days kindda in-thing. This is really stylish, a bit more substantial, yet still casual. These can be metal hoops or embellished with color or diamonds. The size of the hoop will influence the look, so pick according to your personal style and character.
- Every woman needs a great cocktail ring. This is the one piece that pops the most, is the most standout item that will show your personal style. It does not have to be oversize, although most people think of cocktail rings as larger items. Here, in particular, color is the key: it should stand out from the rest of your outfit, be the centerpiece of your outfit.
- A long necklace. Any style, length and volume will work depending upon your facial cut, length of your neck and body type. The beauty of long necklaces is it goes with everything, and easily suits both day to night. In the evening, you can make it shorter by doubling it, if you are looking for something slightly more put together. You can also layer long necklaces with pendants.
- A bracelet. Bracelets have been extremely important in history. In India, for example, married women are expected to wear bracelets, which are associated with matrimony. Try either a set of delicate bangles, usually stacked, or a tennis bracelet for the most elegant and classic look. A tennis bracelet is something you can wear every day, in effect, the bracelet equivalent of the stud earrings. Once you have these five items, here are a couple that will round out your jewelry collection.
Chandelier earrings: For evenings or events, these will again make a statement and finish your look, and make your face pop.
A pendant necklace: while the longer necklaces are very trendy right now, a delicate necklace is still very relevant, something you can wear daily.
A couple final notes: in jewelry, nothing is a taboo. You can match everything or match nothing. A trend that is very current is to mix and match various colors of gold — sometimes jewelers even will do that in a single piece: gold, white, and rose. Just be careful not to overdo it, do not wear too many statement pieces on top of each other: a cuff bracelet or a cocktail ring, not both together.